Ian Knapper Privacy Notice
At Ian Knapper Limited we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We have been working diligently on updating our policies and processes to ensure the appropriate organisational and technical controls are in place to handle all personal data in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018. Its purpose is to give you back control of your own personal data and for you to be confident that it is only being used for the consent you gave.
Your data is processed for the legitimate interest in running and promoting our business, carrying out our contractual responsibilities and legal obligations in delivering our products and services, and vice versa from you.
When you contact us about products and services, including when you use our website or request our brochure, we collect information from you. Personal information is any information that may be used to identify you such as your name, title, email address, mailing address.
We only collect personal information that you provide when you register your interest with us directly or when browsing our website as well as correspondence via email and post and any subsequent financial data. This may also include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, pages looked and source of referral.
Our use of your personal information
We may use your information to:
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Comply with legal requirements with the HMRC and other statutory bodies
- Keep track of financial transactions relating to services and goods purchased or provided in maintaining our trading relationship
- Provide to a third party if it is relevant to providing a service, contract, or other agreement with you
- Understand our visitors’ needs when using our website and assist to make improvements, but this data will not be processed in a way that can identify anyone
Duration we keep your personal information
We will retain information about you for the duration of our relationship with you and then for:
- 6 years for HMRC responsibilities
- 10 years for data relating to contractual/guarantee requirements
Who will have access to your personal information
We do not trade personal data for commercial purposes and will only disclose it if required by law, necessary for compliance with HMRC, or for the purpose of maintaining our trading relationship, or with your consent.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, phone, or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes other than is set out in Disclosures.
We have no control over social media such as Facebook and Twitter. You need to review their privacy notices and understand what they do with your information including how to adjust your privacy settings.
We may disclose information about you to our employees, suppliers or subcontractors for the purposes as set out in this privacy notice and:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. This being in connection with any legal proceedings foreseen or current and the purpose of fraud prevention and credit risk
- In respect of any sale of asset or business
Yours rights regarding your personal date
GDPR gives individuals the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
For any queries regarding your rights and if the information we hold is inaccurate or needs updating, please email [email protected] or phone us on 01538 722733.
Security and protection of your personal information
We take great care to ensure your information is kept secure with us and with third parties who act on our behalf. We have both technical and organisational procedures in place to prevent any loss or unauthorised access.
All our PCs and servers are password and firewall protected, however some data may be stored in secure servers outside the EU that are non GDPR compliant. Consent for it to be stored and processed this way is given when you submit your personal information. We ensure information shared electronically is encrypted using SSL technology, but this cannot be guaranteed for information sent via the internet.
Use of “cookies”
When you visit our website a text file is created. This contains information that you provided during your browsing but cannot identify you as an individual. Session cookies track website browsing and will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
We use WordPress for brochure requests and comments and the information provided here is retained indefinitely.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice applies to our website only. There may be links to other websites which we do not control, nor can we be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting those sites. If in doubt, you need to check the privacy notices of those websites.
16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under, you need to get your parent/guardian’s permission before registering on our website.
By contacting us and using our website, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide as outlined in this privacy notice. We review our policies on a regular basis so please make sure to check occasionally as any amendments will be updated on our website.
Contact us for more information
Hopefully we have informed you of everything relating to GDPR and your personal information but if you have any questions or concerns please contact us either at [email protected] or call 01538 722733.